Monovision is designed for people over 40 who begin to experience difficulty seeing things nearby. It’s a condition called presbyopia.
When we are young, the lenses in our eyes are soft and flexible, allowing us to focus on objects both close and far away. After the age of 40, the lens becomes more rigid, and because it can’t change shape as easily as it once did,. Thus, it becomes more difficult to read or see things at close range. This normal condition is presbyopia.
Middle age can be emotionally sobering enough. Unfortunately, difficulty with near vision is another middle-aged inevitability:
- Menus get blurry
- Low light conditions make reading more difficult
- We can’t stretch our arms far enough to get things back in focus
There simplest answer is to buy reading glasses. Unfortunately, we quickly experience the multiple frustrations of losing them or forgetting to take them with us.
Monovision Lasik is a wonderful alternative to reading glasses:
- One eye is corrected for distance, the other for up close
- The brain adjusts and we see near and far without glasses or contacts
- Then, we throw our reading glasses in the waste basket and celebrate!
To learn more about whether Monovision is right for you, call the Yaldo Eye Center at 1-800-398-EYES or schedule an appointment by clicking here.