The Raindrop Near Vision Inlay, like the KAMRA Inlay also described on our website, has been FDA approved for Presbyopia, or difficulty with near vision.
- Inability to see things at short distances, like reading or cell phone usage
- Is the most common eye condition
- In general, affects people 45 and older
- Doesn’t affect far vision
For people 40-65 years old and reliant on bifocals or reading glasses, the Raindrop is an option to consider among several available at the Yaldo Eye Center for Presbyopia.
The Raindrop Inlay (ReVision Optics) is the first device to change the shape of the cornea to correct vision.
The Raindrop® Near Vision Inlay
- Is a microscopic hydrogel inlay with characteristics almost identical to thecornea.
- The hydrogel material is nearly 80% water, ensuring effective nutrient diffusion
- It is easily placed within the cornea under a LASIK-style flap
- It changes the curvature of the cornea so the front of the eye acts much like a multifocal contact lens
- It works re-shapes the surface of the eye to improve reading vision. Patients can return to work the next day. It is a walk in and walk out procedure
Call the Yaldo Eye Center at 1-800-398-EYES or fill out and submit the sign-up box for a free evaluation. Dr. Yaldo will explain all the Presbyopia solutions that are offered and recommend the best one for you and your unique situation.